Wednesday, December 28

Night with the Girls



I love my CC girls. Whenever we get together, I feel great. Even if the whole group isn't there, it is wonderful (although we did miss Aimee and Larissa tonight!)

Anywho... Abbey is in town for the holidays so we made sure to get together and do something special. Want to know what the special thing was? Make biscuit pizzas. I was not familiar with this method of pizza-making. When deciding to do this, I believe my conversation with Anna went like this:

(please remember, my brain isn't working properly. It is on Winter Break after a TOUGH final quarter at grad school)

Anna: We should make pizzas on biscuits.
Me: Huh? Like biscuits?
Anna: Yeah, we used to do it in 4H. We can get those rolls of refrigerated biscuits and make pizzas. You just put your sauce and cheese and toppings on top and bake it!
Me: Ummm. Ok. Sounds good.

(long pause)

Me: Do you like roll out the biscuits?
Anna: Yeah, of course.

(still processing)

Me: Ok, can we get turkey pepperoni to put on top?

End scene.

But I wasn't the only one. When Abbey, Anna and I went to the grocery store, Anna recited the list of things we need for pizza: sauce, cheese, biscuits, turkey pepperoni, and Abbey interrupts with the same kind of questioning:

Abbey: Wait, why do we need biscuits?
Anna: For the pizzas.
Abbey: Oh, ok.

(pause)

Abbey: Wait, huh?
Me: I had the same problem.

It was a great night and I feel ready to leave.... no. That's a lie. But I will see Abbey and Anna for breakfast and a movie tomorrow morning, so I can squeeze in some more CC girl time before January 10th.

Here are some pictures from tonight:


Abbey, Sarah, and Anna:


Anna:


Sarah, the Sous-Chef:


Me, Mya, and Anna

2 comments:

heatherfeather said...

puppies and friends and pizza...

a perfect night, methinks.

Yaymee said...

you thinks correctly. It was a great night, followed by another great day, and then ANOTHER! Hopefully today will be as perfect.