Wednesday, December 7

Pittsburgh

This past weekend I went to visit my family in Pennsylvania/Ohio/West Virginia. The last few times I have spent time with them have been amazing. Although my mother and I are VERY different from those back near the Ohio River, and although I am pretty sure a few of them think I am CRAZY, I can relate to them in a way I just don't relate to the other people in my life. I guess most people feel that way about their family.

Anyway here is what I did this weekend:
-I got to see Heidi's wedding dress (she will be married this summer, and I won't be there)
-I got to know her fiancee a bit better. After all, he will be family next time I see him
-I got to play Mario Cart with Alicia.
-I got to eat Lee's spaghetti and meatballs, sans meatballs (we got there too late).
-Oh, and most excitingly, I got to go to the Ohio State High School Football Championships, where my cousin, Nick, played starting Linebacker for the WINNING TEAM! He's 6'4" and over 200 lbs (at age 16). In the picture, he makes all of us look like dwarves:

Ok, the picture isn't uploading, but imagine this: a bunch of tiny people next to two gi-normous football stars smiling whatever is beyond ear to ear (Joe on the left, Nick on the right).

Overall, it was the perfect trip.... until our flight was cancelled yesterday. I was lucky enough to spend 12+ hours in the Pittsburgh airport. At least they have great shopping. All I can think is that maybe I got the bad-airport kharma out of the way before this week's trip to DC!

It's weird to really start saying good-bye. I am going to miss them.

2 comments:

heatherfeather said...

i can't believe you're going away on friday again...

and then i'll be going away when you come back...

:(

Yaymee said...

I know this may be weird - but I am kinda approaching this time away from you as practice for when I really leave. Like I am weening myself off Heather-Amy time. Maybe it is for the best, ya know?

Oh, hun, I am going to miss you.