Friday, December 30

Refreshment

I have been distracted the last couple days, and I have wandered away from my packing. It was something I needed - I was really starting to stress. In fact, I couldn't go a day without making progress in the packing arena. I wasn't sleeping well, and my whole body ached. But now, after a 2 day break, I feel refreshed, relaxed, and ready to finish getting ready. All I can say is thank goodness for distraction. I feel like a new woman.

But now, I am looking forward to this New Year's Weekend - I can't wait to see Lamont and Simon again (yes, it's only been 2 weeks since I saw them in NY). I just didn't expect to see these wonderful men so many times in December/January before I left. What a lucky chick I am to have such wonderful people in my life!

And then, after the weekend, I am back to the packing (hopefully balancing my recent new distraction with my packing needs). I can't believe I am only 12 days from leaving! I know this is going to be a great week and a half. And I have to remember to live it up, stressfree, and have some fun.

No regrets.

Bring it on, Guinea.

1 comment:

heatherfeather said...

lucky you... i could use some more distraction in my life...

i can't wait to see you again.

i miss you SO MUCH!

but i feel like it'll be better when you're in guinea because we'll all be happy about amyguinea!

yaymeeguinea!