Tuesday, April 24

Rainy thoughts

I told Reid it never rained here. I told him it woud always be sunny. But today, it's pouring. Horizontally. It's cold. Honestly, it's the perfect day to stay inside with a great book, but I have to head to work instead. I guess most people have to do the same. Except for the last year and a half, I didn't have to. For the last year and a half, I was able to stay indoors on days like this, enjoying a cup of tea and some rest, but that life is over, isn't it? Instead, I trudge through the rain to come to work hoping my hair doesn't get wet, my computer stays safely dry, and my pants don't get ruined.

It's quite the change, but it is time....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's easy to romanticize, dood, but I used to worry that the rain would get my pants wet when I was inside my hut. Or that it would wash away my hangar. Or how I would hold the umbrella and use the water method at the same time. It'll be sunny soon.

-cm

Yaymee said...

hold an umbrella and use the water method at the same time? why not just go out naked and let the rain work its magic?

let's let the returning volunteers try that one out! enjoy guys! good luck!