Saturday, April 28

So, I was all excited to go to the Sushi Boat last night. I got all pretty after the gym, Reid looked good, we jumped into the car, and my spirits were high. After all, who doesn't love to go back to their favorite restaurant after a 16 month hiatus?

We drove all the way down I-25, exited on Hampden, made a left on Locust, and turned into the parking lot. But everything was dark. "Maybe I am in the wrong parking lot. Where did the Sushi Boat go?" I asked myself. I looked around a bit more, and then I noticed the last remnant of the Sushi Boat - a giant wooden boat on top of the building that used to say to me, "Welcome, Amy. It's great to see you again! Come and let me get you a caterpillar roll and an asparagus roll. We know they are your favorites! Oh, and for dessert, let me bring you two beautiful pieces of unagi." Well, last night, the boat on top of my favorite sushi place no longer talked to me. Everything was dark. The Sushi Boat had been boarded up and closed down.

Now, I know it wasn't the most popular place. I know the people of Denver always prefer the Sushi Den. In fact, before I left for Guinea, I called to make reservations for my party, and they asked me, "Wait, a reservation for 20 people? This is the Sushi BOAT, not the Sushi Den. Ma'am, did you mean to call the Sushi Den?" No I did not! I love you, my dearest Sushi Boat!

It makes sense they couldn't stay open. Often Heather and I were one of three tables seated on Friday night. But they never brought me a bite of sushi I didn't like.

They will be missed. Now, where am I supposed to go????

3 comments:

heatherfeather said...

This. Freakin'. Blows.

man... i'm so bummed...

Anonymous said...

It just isn't the same without the boat. Sad. No more funny hibachi chefs...

inseattle said...

i wonder if you can dig around some salvage yard and find the actual little boats they used to send the sushi around in. then you can install it in your living room. sweet!