Sunday, July 24

Obsession


So, I suppose it has now become an obsession! I have gone salsa dancing three weekends in a row. And considering how anti-commitment I am, three weeks of any ONE thing is a big deal! Had a great time again, although I missed Anna being there! Keesha and Amy (not me, another one. No, not that one either - a new one) met Pei and I there, and we even ran into Andrew,Martha, and Kaylee (sp?). Everyone seems to be hooked!

On another note, no wait - more salsa.... Mercury cafe - Wednesday night - anyone interested?

Ok - really a new subject now. I helped Anna move this morning into her new apt which is so cute! With 6 of us helping, we finished in a couple hours(well, 5.5 helping - Charlie had many moments of just sitting around!). The U-Haul was huge and packed full, but unloading was a breeze! Can't wait to see how Anna decorates. It is so strange to see all of the old stuff I lived with for a year and a half - the table and chair where I ate many-a-meal, the whale poster, her old chair that returned with her every year to CC. All those things made me think about how great it was to live with those girls back in the day. I really miss them! I am so glad that Anna is back in Denver. I am happy that I am talking to Sarah almost every day. I have been talking to Abbey more on the phone from Witchita also. Now, I need to call Larissa and Aimee. I can't wait - CC girls reunion coming up in August!

Ok - side note - completely unrelated to anything above - I am watching Insomniac Theater on Vh1, yes, Vh1, and they are playing Red Hot Chili Peppers' Give it Away. What a great song - they should play it more often. However, now, every time I hear it, I think of the time that Heather and I were driving back from Santa Fe and sang that song as if we were Ana Gasteyer and Will Ferrell when they are an older, completely un-cool couple singing at a family wedding or whatever. Will Ferrell is always playing the piano and Ana Gasteyer is singing a popular song, but as if she is is a middle school music teacher. Anyway, Heather and I sang Give it Away in that manner for a few miles along I-25. It was the end of the trip - we were easily amused. But it still makes me laugh. I love Vh1.

Haha - now I just thought of Heather exclaiming to all of those passing by that the elk statue was anatomically correct in every way. That was a good trip.

Oh, and now I don't like Vh1 - they are playing the Blind Melon Little-Girl-in-Bee-Costume video. I have never enjoyed that one. Changing the channel....

3 comments:

heatherfeather said...

do i know amy (not you), andrew (as in andrew?), martha or Kaylee?

oh... you're having fun times... i wish i were there.

i totally forgot about the middle school teachers' version of give it away... that was fun times!

miss you!

Yaymee said...

You know Amy - she was in Country Team Ops. She's not a full-time GSISer, but she works for DU full-time and gets a tuition stipend. I was so jealous to hear that!

Andrew and Kaylee are from CC, so I doubt you know them. Martha is Andrew's girlfriend, and I just met her last night, although I heard a lot about her.

It was Kaylee's third salsa night in three weeks too - she's as hooked as I am.

You will have to join us when you get back!

heatherfeather said...

oh... amy from CT Ops... is think she was the girl who started late and i never remembered her name. i think that girl's name was amy. i can't remember other amys from the class, but i appear to be blocking people from my memory because all i remember are delta force, chris, kate and keesha...

and worry not, join you i will!