Monday, July 11

Waking Up to a Lizard in Your Bed

Picture this: 5:30 in the morning - Monday, July 11th. The sun is rising, shining brightly into your window. Even though it is not time to get up, you stretch in bed and think about that first delicious cup of coffee. Mmmmm...... AHHHHHHHHHHH! THERE IS A GREEN, ICKY LIZARD LAYING RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR PILLOW!!!

Yes, that is what I woke up to this morning. Thankfully, after freaking out just a bit, I realized that it was not a real lizard - even though it looked 100% lizard. Instead, it was a rubber toy that Harley (aka, the stupid cat) left for me. She loves this toy - probably because it is so gosh-darn life-like. I learned that she will even play fetch with it, which is what she did when I threw the lizard off my bed.... She brought it right back. After me saying "leave me alone, stupid cat" enough times and her promptly ignoring that wish, I wisened up, threw the lizard far outside my door and closed it after she ran out. Feeling a sense of accomplishment, I laid back down and slept another hour.

I am not a morning person to begin with, but here's some advice for all of those in my life (cats or humans):

Don't think you are going to get on my good side in the morning unless you have a cup of coffee to deliver. Or a good bagel. No lizards, please.

Here are some pictures of the two cats, as I had promised all of you in an earlier post:





<- Harley (aka, the stupid cat)









Harley again ->
<- Velvet and I
Snacktime!->

3 comments:

heatherfeather said...

wow! velvet does love you!

i saw the purple lizard, but she has a green one too? stupid cat....eating your cereal and giving you lizards.

i AM a morning person but do not choose to wake up with lizards next to me.

Yaymee said...

Heatherfeather, she has green lizards too - and FROGS! Pink and green frogs! Oh, and a little mouse, but that doesnt look as real, thank goodness!

Yesterday, I had my cereal and just left some milk in the bowl for her. She was very happy - probably why she brought me the lizard present this morning... maybe I shouldn't be so nice.

heatherfeather said...

i got your voice mail from last night at about 5:45 this morning - i was in bed! but i'm still exhaustificated... have a good long day at work and school and hurrah! for happy mood last night and have more today!

bonne chance avec le francais ce soir! telephone-moi entre le travail et la classe?