Friday, August 12

4 hour lunch

Today I had a 4 hour lunch with an RPCV from Cameroon named Anna. Looked at pictures, asked TOO MANY questions, and listened to wonderful stories. I am so grateful that she took the time out to sit down with me and talk. I really appreciate all the RPCVs that have shared their experiences with me. I don't know if I would have the courage to go to Guinea if I didn't have them in my life.

I am beat now, though. After the long lunch, I picked up MK, and we were going to go to Capuvino to get work done, but we needed to destress a bit (we are both approaching major change and freaking out). We spent a little bit in Wash Park, but then decided we needed to go to REI (the one I had never been to downtown). Anyway, we finally made it to Capuvino afterwards, and I got a couple hours of French studying in. Yay for French!

Ok - I have developed a master plan for learning French over the next 5 months:

-Finish 103 at Alliance this fall (while also taking classes at GSIS)
-Take the accelerated 104 class at Alliance right after Thanksgiving (4 days/week X 2 weeks)
-Work on conversation for an hour/week with Salimata (a Senegalese woman who works at Alliance)
-Work with Anna on conversation. She has also agreed to help me with specific vocab and sayings I will need as a PCV in West Africa
-Continue texting in French with Heatherfeather. Heck, I learned how to say honey rabbit (lapin de miel) tonight!

Ok, now that it is documented, I have to do it, right? Can everyone promise to keep me accountable with this? I would greatly appreciate it.

Sweet dreams!

4 comments:

heatherfeather said...

what i was actually going for was honeybunny, but honey rabbit just seemed funnier.

or is it honey hare?

Yaymee said...

Oh, I got the honeybunny reference, however, I just LOVE saying honey rabbit!

Thanks for calling me this morning - hope you're having a great lunch!

heatherfeather said...

i did - and i lost my train of thought when i was talking to you at one point because my favorite german walked by... :)

heatherfeather said...

you've been falling down on texte en français missy.