Sunday, August 7

After salsa....

Yes, again, you all can have a post-salsa update. Had a great time! Sooo glad Simon came out with us - he is one of my favorite people to dance with. And he said I had improved a lot! Yay!

But now, Simon is moving to the garden state. Yes, my home state of New Jersey. Why didn't I stop him, you may ask? Because he is going there with a purpose - to get his Masters at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public Policy at Princeton. Have I told y'all that I have the smartest friends ever? It says something that I feel like the underacheiver in this group - and I am in grad school and leaving for Peace Corps! But let's face it - I am not nearly as amazing as my friends. I feel very priveledged to have such inspiring people in my life.

One funny thing that happened tonight at La Rumba - I was dancing with a new guy, and he asked me what I do here in Denver. I told him I am in school, and he asked in shock - "wait, how old are you?" I said that I am 23 but that I am in grad school. He just said something like "oh, ok." But as we were dancing, I thought that in 5 years, I may have the same response. Well, hopefully I will have the same response. Only the question will be "What are you doing here in _____?" "I am in school." "How old are you?" "Ummmm.... 28. I am getting my PhD." Goodness, am I ever going to be done? But I guess I don't mind.... there is nothing I would rather do!

2 comments:

heatherfeather said...

nothing wrong with being 28 and in grad school...

i'm just sayin' is all...

:)

Yaymee said...

Hahaha! Absolutely nothing wrong with it!