Sunday, October 2

I don't much like civilization.

I forget exactly what I was responding to when I said that, but it was said. Oh yes, it was when Heatherfeather and I were speaking of eating artichoke dip in a "civilized manner."

I do, however, like folari. Don't know what that is? Well, then you obviously haven't spent much time in Cameroon, you un-well-traveled person. Ok, I haven't been there either, but sweet Anna (an RPCV from Cameroon) made a folari sauce with rice dinner for me last night. Folari is kinda like spinach, only it's not. But there were other spices, lots of onion and garic (who am I kissin'?), and peanut butter in the sauce. It was GREAT!

In other news, Heather and I went to see Corpse Bride tonight. I still have the song, Thiller, stuck in my head. Goddamn movie. Ok, so the song wasn't in the movie, but in my head there was a whole Michael Jackson dance sequence added in. I was this close to getting up and dancing in the theater. I wonder if I still know the whole number?

2 comments:

heatherfeather said...

i didn't love the artichoke dip. it may have been the first time that its properties didn't overcome its execution.

i even thought, "well, cheese, spinach, artichokes? how could it not be decent? especially when it's purported to be 'famous'."

ah, bewarer of inappropriate quotes.

and elephant bar isn't good.

Yaymee said...

Elephant bar's drinks were nice. But I like drinks in many places, so that's not saying too much. The dip was gross. I agree.