Monday, October 3

My office thinks I am crazy.... go figure....

Last night, Sara (also going to Guinea in January) told me that she was saving all of those annoying silicon packets that she comes across in things she buys. She can store them with her electronics to absorb the intense moisture in Guinea. What a great idea, I thought! She is full of great ideas - I am so glad we met!

Anywho.... I am at work today (obviously getting a lot done), when Alex walks in with a bag of chocolate covered popcorn to share with everyone. He passes it around and Laura takes a handful, Kathy takes some, and when it is passed to me, I start jumping up and down. The bag of popcorn has a silicon packet in it! I ask everyone if it is alright if I pour the bag of popcorn into a bowl to get to the silicon packet. They look at me funny (thinking "Why is this crazy girl getting so excited about a silicon packet?"), but they say yes. I finally come back with the treasured silicon packet in my hand and a smile on my face. I explain why I needed it, and the funny looks sorta subside. Sorta - you can tell that they still think I am crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we met too! It's comforting to know that you and Huy will be there, and that we all have the same concerns.