Friday, October 7

PVA Enthusiasm

Scene: Friday, 8:37am at the GSIS CyberCafe

As students are preparing for their 9am classes (getting the much-needed cup of coffee and printing out papers to hand in), the electricity suddenly goes out. It is dark - much darker than anyone would have thought the GSIS would be without artificial light.

Students chit-chat and move with their friends towards the windows, the only source of light on the cold October morning.

MK: My computer just went out but Jay kept speaking to us as if nothing happened! I am glad I didn't have anything unsaved on my computer.

Amy: I am glad I printed out my well-organized and thoughtful paper earlier in the library when the electricity was still on!

(Professor P.V.A approaches and stops, placing his hand on Amy's shoulder)

P.V.A: Amy, we're still going to have class! Let everyone know to come upstairs at 9 even though we may not have lights! You know, we have to get used to such conditions! We are all going to work in developing countries where they don't have electricity! Stay down here an extra couple minutes and make sure everyone comes up to class, my friend!

(Exit PVA)

End scene.

1 comment:

heatherfeather said...

oh peevers....

tnwvabrp