Monday, November 28

caoutchouc!

No, that's not a sneeze, it's French for rubber. How do I know that? Mr. Rubberhands told me so.

For those of you who have met Mr. Rubberhands, here's a link to a BBC News photo journal showing the Firestone Rubber Plantation (the biggest in the world) in Liberia. It made me laugh. It also got that song stuck in my head again. Damn.




ps - (It also made me angry that a Japanese (formerly US) firm is paying the workers $3/day. I wonder what their executives make over in Tokyo. But let's not go there.)

4 comments:

heatherfeather said...

'cuz mister rubberhands speaks french.

stupid song... stupidly catchy song...

mutter mutter mutter... can't do much with rubberhands...

Yaymee said...

Sorry, hun - hope it didnt stay crammed in your head too long today!

Anonymous said...

curses! all i had to do was read "mr. rubberhands" and the silly song popped into my head...along with the silly video.

congrats on getting the first ever blog comment from me. :)

Yaymee said...

don't i feel special now!!! yay pei!!