Wednesday, November 9

How am I supposed to get more work done?

When Sara makes me daydream with this picture of a market in Guinea:



My last daydream: My mom is visiting me, and I make her walk across those planks to get into the market. She is scared, just like I was my first time, but I convince her to cross by saying with a giggle, "Ma, do you want to eat or not?" She thinks it is dirty and smells bad, but I remind her that it is my home.

Two months and two days left, right? Wow.

ps - check out those electric lines in the background!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah! I got that picture from bonnie's smugmug website. you can find the original size there, if you want it. email me if you want the link.

I daydream about searching thru the unwanted american clothes and looking for fruits.

Yaymee said...

I have seen Bonnie's pictures, but I never noticed this one! I will go back and take a look.

It's kinda weird - I feel like I have been following Bonnie's whole experience - if I meet her at any point when I get to Guinea it will be like this:

Bonnie-"Hi, I am Bonnie."
Me-"Oh, I know you - one of your pictures was my desktop for months before I came here! And I referenced your packing list on blogspot when I was creating mine! And I decided to bring a digital camera bc you used yours!"
Bonnie-with a look of shock and fear. "Oh, ok, what was your name again?"

tor.T said...

Ooh, I didn't realize she had her packing list there. And now that I've looked at it, I realize I just got the same backpack. Now I'll really look like a stalker...

Yaymee said...

I betcha we will meet her and freak her out! I have thought about sending her an email kinda as a forwarning - maybe I will do that as we prepare to leave.