Wednesday, February 21

I am no longer a Peace Corps volunteer. I had waited so long to become a PCV, and now it's over. In a flash, it all disappeared. I finished up medical yesterday, my DOS and everything else today. And then I said good-bye to all of my amazing friends here. Now, I wait for my bus. It's over.

At least I have something good to look forward to. Slowly, we have been worki ng back towards the developed world. First we upgraded from Guinea to Mali. Tonight, I am flying from Bamako to Morocco with Reid and Sarah for 12 days. Another step up. After that, Reid and I are off to Spain for 10 days of so. And then, home to Denver.

I am not sure if I am ready for it or not.

But a good shower and comfy bed sure does sound nice. It's been quite a year.

3 comments:

inseattle said...

it is good to ease yourself into it. by accident, my first three stops in the US after my first time in Africa were TGI Fridays, WalMart, and the Mall of America. a wonder i didn't have a seizure then.
i am looking forward to talking to you. be safe and enjoy the hell out of the next few weeks. love, me

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy-
This is Andrea's friend MJ, aka Serenity. I really apprecaited all of your updates. It was a great way to follow along with what you guys were up to. Your latest pictures of Mali are beautiful. Good luck in your travels. Best of luck with what ever is in your future. Tell Reid I said hello.

NancyW said...

Amy,
Thank you for helping keep us informed throughout your time in Guinea. When you return to Denver, I hope that we can meet you in person --perhaps you and your family can come for dinner!
Nancy & Rick White (Lisa's parents)
-Colorado Springs