Sunday, April 8

On track....

So, life has been getting better. The apartment is lookin' good with its new furniture (pictures to come really soon, Guinea soon that is....), and I am loving living with Reid. After making a bomb middle eastern lunch for my mom and our landlord, we sit here, each in our comfy chairs, each with a laptop and a cup of homemade chicken soup (it's been snowing here). It's quite cute, really. And it feels right.

Oh, and sorry I didn't mention it sooner, but I GOT A JOB! I will be a program coordinator at the Institute of Leadership and Organizational Performance (aka, The Institute) at Daniels College of Business at DU. I will be helping to organize all the events of the Insitute, including Second Friday Seminars and the custom programs Daniels does for Denver businesses like Kaiser Permanente and Newmont Mining (they mine gold in Northern Ghana!). It's going to be a great job with a great group of people, and I can't wait to start. Although I know when I start, I give up the Peace Corps way of life (meaning 4-5 hours of work, MAX, a day). But it's gotta happen and I have to pay some bills, so "hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to the real job I go."

Life is going well, and it's only going to get better!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Amy! I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see your place firsthand - I think I will be in CO next month. Love, Anna

Anonymous said...

Felicitations, dood!

-chonki monki

Anonymous said...

where's the props?!?! :) mk

Unknown said...

Glad to know that you are readjusting and settling in. I was completely overwhelmed while I was home in December, but some days I am looking forward to that. Just over six months left here. Drop me a line when you have a free moment!