Sunday, August 28

Finally - another post-salsa update...

So, after two weeks off, Anna and I finally returned to La Rumba. I don't think I realized how much I missed it! It was great to get back out on the dance floor. In fact, at 1:30, when they turn those lights on, I wanted to keep dancing. I would have stayed all night if they let me!

So, apparently, Anna and I look like sisters. Tonight, 4 or 5 guys asked us if we were or just said that they assumed so. In the 5 or 6 years I have known Anna, no one has ever asked us that. I take it as a HUGE compliment, as Anna is gorgeous - in fact, there's no better compliment.

Completely off subject, I went to an RPCV get together last night. The other Anna (RPCV Cameroon) invited me, and I got to meet Shelby, an RPCV from Guinea. Now, I had come to believe that no PCVs ever returned from Guinea - it was like the Bermuda Triangle to me. You go, and for some reason, you never come back. I had just never met anyone who served in Guinea! And over the last couple years, I have met my fair share of RPCVs from around the world, so it was strange to know no one from the country I am headed for. But, apparently, RPCVs from Guinea do return, at least sometimes. Shelby offered to call some other Guinea RPCVs to prove to me that even more exist. But, to tell you the truth, I liked the Bermuda Triangle theory. I was still going to go - the theory wasn't scaring me away. In fact, it was adding more adventure. So, I am kinda sad to hear that so many volunteers actually return. No, changed my mind - it's a good thing. Yes, good thing. Yay for meeting Shelby!

And Shelby cleared up something else. She said, "don't listen to Peace Corps. Bring a f*cking raincoat."

1 comment:

heatherfeather said...

i agree. bring a f*cking raincoat.

yay for salsa!!