Thursday, January 5

The Mango Test

Most of you know that I claim to be allergic to mango. Yes, I claim. I havent had mango in years - the thought of it makes my stomach turn simply bc I know how it might make me feel. But I am not 100% sure if it was definitely mango that caused that itchy mouth years back. See, the thing is that I am leaving for a mango-rich country in a week and I would really like to find out if this mango-allergy is real or not.

My mom (the retired nurse practitioner) and I talked about it today, and we are running a test. Tonight, I had my first bite of mango for years. Just a small bite, followed by another small bite 5 minutes later. Oh, it tasted goooooooood.

I haven't died yet. Just to let you know. Plus my mouth isn't itchy or anything.

I will keep you posted on this Mango Test in the next couple days - keep your fingers crossed for me!

2 comments:

heatherfeather said...

oh, i hope you're not allergic to mango... i have a so-so relationship with mango - sometimes it bugs me, other times it doesn't. but i've become so sensitive to foods lately that i haven't tried...

i do miss it...

Yaymee said...

Oh, Heather, it tasted sooooooo good!

And I am still alive!!!

YEEHAAAAAAAAW!